5 Sustainable Construction Conferences to Attend in 2023
The building industry is responsible for 40 percent of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions and resource waste, meaning there is huge opportunity to reduce its environmental footprint.
Conferences geared towards the green building industry are ideal venues for discovering the latest international developments in sustainable construction materials and technology. These global events, which take place in-person, online, or both, also offer a unique opportunity for networking with thought-leaders and professionals representing the entire supply chain from countries around the world.
Here are five international sustainable construction events that you and your team shouldn’t miss in 2023:
1. The Net Zero Construction Conference is a virtual event taking place March 2, 2023. This is an opportunity for construction industry professionals from around the globe to connect and learn about the latest developments, trends, emerging technologies, and innovations in sustainable building, and to network with members of various organizations. This year’s speaker roster includes subject-matter experts, academics, and industry leaders such as Dr. Gregory Norris, Director of Sustainability and Health Initiative for the NetPositive Enterprise at MIT. Learn more and register here.
2. Join thousands of the brightest minds in the net-zero building movement at FutureBuild, taking place March 7 to 9, 2023 in London, U.K. Curated by 90 industry leaders, the event presents a world-class speaker series and conference program featuring 500 thought-leaders. The expo features 400 exhibitors and connects professionals representing all components of the building supply chain. Learn more and register here.
3. Europe is at the forefront of sustainable building legislation and practices, and this year’s International Passive House Conference takes place March 10 to 12, 2023 online and in-person in Wiesbaden, Germany. Here, thousands of innovators and thought-leaders from around the globe will gather to network, participate in green building tours and attend presentations and workshops covering the latest passive housing innovations. The conference includes a Passive House Exhibition where leading manufacturers will present cutting-edge designs. Learn more and register here.
4. The International Conference on Construction, Energy, Environment and Sustainability is being held this year in Funchal, Portugal June 27 to 30, 2023. Here, international scholars, academic scientists, and researchers will gather to present and discuss the latest findings relating to innovations and developments in technology and building materials. Learn more and register here.
5. The Greenbuild International Conference, taking place in Washington, D.C. September 26 to 29, 2023 is unique in that it looks at sustainable construction through a holistic lens. Here, architects, sustainability managers, designers, engineers, and real estate agents will gather for a speaker series and conference covering developments in sustainability, health, wellness, and resilience as they relate to building structures and interior spaces. The expo that follows on September 27 and 28 will be an opportunity for sustainable suppliers and product manufacturers to showcase their wares. (Jane Fonda was the keynote speaker at the 2022 event). Learn more and register here.
With COVID-19 restrictions lifting and in-person conferences resuming, 2023 is shaping up to be a year of exciting networking, thought leadership and information-sharing in the global green building space!