Funding available for roles that fall within Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics with a positive environmental impact.
We’ve been working with Environment and Climate Change Canada for over 20 years to provide bright young minds the chance to gain valuable work experience with a variety of organizations and industries in Canada that hire environmental positions.
For those employers and candidates who fit the eligibility criteria, up to 50% of salary or wages will be covered for jobs that contribute to economic growth in roles related to climate change, clean technology and environmental sustainability.
Requirements for Candidates:
- Currently unemployed or underemployed
- Able to work in a full-time, permanent position within 30 days from application
- Intend to lead an environmental career in STEM or natural resources
- Graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution with a 2 year diploma or 4 year degree
- 30 years of age or younger, Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status
Requirements for Host Employers:
- Offer full-time, permanent position for aged 30 or under candidate
- Environmentally Related position in STEM
- Hiring a new employee – not an existing full-time employee
- Must be Canadian owned, Canadian subsidiary, Municipal or Provincial Government Department
- Candidate must have graduated from post-secondary institute and is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or has refugee status